Reporting to the Mine Geologist, the position is responsible for providing administrative and technical services support to the mine Geology team.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure that all samples are collected efficiently, accurately and within required timeframes
- Provide regular tracking of all sampling processes – timely reporting
- Ensure that sample dispatch preparation is adhered to, and samples are dispatched timeously and accurately.
- Ensure that sampling standards are monitored and maintained.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed (drilling, sampling & dispatch).
- Manage Field Technicians and assigning their daily work priorities.
- Provide feedback to Geologists on consumable stock levels and request re-orders if required.
- Effective communication within the Geology Department, Engineering, Processing and Contractors.
- Maintain all department equipment, including vehicles, to a high standard. Report damage or malfunctions to your supervisor.
- Maintain all department work areas, including storage areas to a high standard.
- Complete routine inspections of department work areas and submit into company safety software.
- Review and update of all relevant procedures as required.
- Other duties as per operational requirements.
- Adherence to Safety, Health and Environment standards & Procedures
- Microsoft office proficiency.
- Grade control drilling and sampling processes proficiency
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to perform in a production environment and work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience
- BGCSE or equivalent
- An introductory course in Drilling Techniques, Sampling Methods
- At least 3 years field work experience in a geological sampling environment
- Valid Class ‘B’ Driver’s license.