Reporting to the Senior Mining Surveyor, this position is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the provision of survey services for all site activities including construction, surface drilling and support at mining by ensuring statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Effectively implements survey systems and procedures in accordance with the company’s objectives and statutory requirements
- Set out the Pit/Dump Limits and marking of drill hole patterns as per design, issuing drill notes and surveying/archiving drilled holes.
- Ensure plans are accurately updated and maintained by completing measurement and at site by adopting the rules of measurement under the appropriate method of measurement
- Measures total volume of material moved
- Coordination of pegging out areas to be mined
- Measures quantities of material blasted
- Surveys the mine configuration
- Locates blast and exploration drill holes
- Contributes to the short and medium term mine planning activities
- Conducts daily/weekly meetings with the mining contractor and staff
- Coordinates operations meetings as scheduled by General Manager-Operations
- Monitors the daily activities of survey personnel in accordance with budget objectives
- Subordinate effectiveness.
- Adherence to Safety, Health and Environment standards & Procedures.
- Microsoft office proficiency.
- Understanding and use of survey equipment/ software.
- Working knowledge of the Botswana Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery Regulations
- Values driven.
- Positive People Management.
- Ability to perform in a production environment and work as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience
- A Degree in Survey or related field from a recognised University.
- Minimum of 5 Years' similar role experience in open pit mining.
- Valid Class ‘B’ Driver’s license.
- Knowledge of use of I-site scanner and Maptek software will be an added advantage.
- Familiar with environmental and safety standards in order to minimize risks, environmental impact and practices for the mining industry.