Reporting to the Senior Mine Planner, this position is responsible for generating three month rolling plans, providing inputs to the contractor weekly plans, generating and maintaining pit and waste dump designs, and assisting in the development of processes, standards and procedures for the mine planning function.
Key Performance Areas
- Ensure work is undertaken in line with the company HSE standards and legal requirements
- Provide required inputs for the weekly contractor mine planning meetings
- Review compliance of weekly plans with the 3-month rolling plan.
- Review compliance of mining with weekly plans.
- Assist in preparation and management of block models for medium term planning purposes
- Engage with the mining contractor to develop effective and efficient mine plans in line with the budget plan.
- Develop, document, and manage 3 month rolling plans in line with contract requirements.
- Effectively communicate the 3-month rolling plan with the mining contractor
- Monitor and report compliance of mining with the rolling 3-month plan.
- Provide inputs and support for LOM planning.
- Generate, document, and maintain pit designs in line with geotechnical requirements.
- Generate, document, and maintain waste dump designs in line with environmental considerations and geotechnical requirements.
- Assist in development of processes, standards and procedures for open pit mine planning.
- Provide weekly, monthly & yearly reporting in a timely manner
- Assist in developing, documenting, communicating, and managing annual mining budget schedules.
- Ensure effective working relationships are built and maintained with other departments and stakeholders, both internal and external
- Demonstrated skills using Open Pit Mine Planning software
- Understanding of Open pit mining methods
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the Botswana Mines, Quarries, Works and Machinery Regulations
- Values driven.
- Ability to perform in a production environment and work as part of a team
Qualification & Experience
- A Degree in Mining from a recognised University
- Registered with the Engineers Registration Board
- Botswana Open Pit Blasting Licence
- Minimum of 5 Years' experience in open pit mining
- Strong experience in Open Pit Mining