Reporting to the Senior Mine Geologist, this position is responsible for providing mine geology related production services to the Motheo Copper Mine. The Mine Geologist will provide day to day geological input. This includes the timely reporting of daily production data, effective supervision of open pit sampling activities, geological mapping of the open pit floor and face guiding ore block mark-ups.
Key Performance Areas
- Provide day to day geological input. This includes the timely reporting of daily production data.
- Effective supervision of open pit sampling activities
- Geological mapping of the open pit floor and faces
- Guiding ore block mark-ups.
- Directing broken stocks to appropriate locations.
- Assist in the interpretation of geological data and the estimation of resources and reserves.
- Assist with mine planning studies.
- Provide accurate geological data to be entered into a structured database.
- Assist with updates of grade control models.
- Reconciliation of mined benches and ore blocks.
- Design grade control drill programs at least 3 months in advance (or as close as is possible according to scheduling).
- Daily and weekly reporting and scheduling of grade control drilling operations.
- Logging of drill core produced in the mine.
- Effective supervision of core processing activities.
- Promote continuous improvement in all facets of mine geology.
- Positively contributes to the site safety culture.
- Sound knowledge of mining methods, grade control, systems, and procedures
- Resources modelling techniques and related software
- Proficiency in Datamine and or leadpfrog
- Grade control drilling and sampling processes proficiency
- Sampling Techniques
- QA/QC Principles
- Geological Modelling
- Drilling Techniques
- Attention to detail
- Effective communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience
- Degree in Geology from a recognised University
- 3 to 5 years of relevant professional geology experience