Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for supervising and coordinating activities of all employees engaged in all phases of the processing plant operation to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
- Oversee all areas of the plant to ensure Safety, Quality and Reliability (SQR) standards are being met on all products.
- Perform all duties safely, efficiently, and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire processing plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our strategy.
- Prepare operations schedules and coordinate processing activities to ensure production and quality meets specifications
- Ensure that the section goals are met and adhering to approved budget
- Conduct assessment of plant operational procedures to identify areas of inefficiency and initiate action plan for improvement.
- entails monitoring the activities of production staff to ensure compliance with set health/safety regulations and procedures.
- allocating and managing of resources to achieve optimal standards, performance and productivity in a plant.
- implement strategies to increase production output at minimal costs.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the delivery of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports as per company policy
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the processing Systems.
- Familiarity with industry (Copper & Silver processing) standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, processing processes
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- Thorough knowledge of department operations and procedures
- Knowledge of latest safety laws and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lead a large team
- Strong attention to deal
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving abilities
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in Metallurgical or Chemical Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a large-scale Copper Concentrator or similar
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior position (copper-silver projects)
- Registered with the Engineers Registration Board
- Experience in operational readiness and new start-up projects