The incumbent will be responsible for leading E&I processes and ensuring that all work is delivered safely and in compliance with legislative requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Monitoring and ensuring electrical construction works are performed in compliance with the required standards and statutory requirements.
- Providing supervision and technical expertise to the site electrical construction team
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical and mechanical faults on site
- Adhere to project construction schedule
- Understand, interpret schematics, ladder drawings, technical specifications, manufacture's manuals, and maintenance, troubleshooting of electrical, electronics, instrumentation and control equipment.
- Conduct C& I audit and performance reviews for proposed control systems.
- Provide technical support to all process plant during construction ensuring that the appropriate corrective actions are taken to remedy the situation.
- Responsible for the development of a trusting and mutual relationship with both internal and external services suppliers.
- Familiar with Electrical and Instrumentation systems and applications e.g., SCADA and other software
- Knowledge of complex electrical control devices.
- Ability to supervise the installation, repair, and maintenance of specialized electrical equipment and control devices in the processing plant.
- Strong knowledge in electrical safety and adherence to procedures
- Well-developed contract management skills and commercial acumen.
- Ability to impact & influence
- Comfortable driving performance
Qualification & Experience
- Qualified / certified Electrician
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent trade or industry experience.
- 10 years of experience in mining process plant electrical construction and commissioning