The Assistant will be responsible to assemble and dismantle rigging equipment at the end of each shift.
Key Performance Areas
- Follow and adhere to all instructions given by supervisors
- Ensure pre-use inspections are carried out on all rigging equipment prior to use
- Ensure damaged rigging equipment is reported to the supervisor and taken out of service
- Selecting the correct rigging equipment to carry out the job safely
- Maintain clear communication with the crane operator when lifting and moving equipment
- To have a full understanding of the universal hand signals for crane movements
- Ensures load swing / fall areas are clear and barricaded when required
- Always report back to your supervisor
- Assist (hands on) fellow trades where and when required
- All other duties as requested from your supervisor
- All rigging equipment is clean and available for use
- Knowledge of rigging standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of equipment selection and application of basic lifting techniques.
- Use of machine and tools including their design, repair and maintenance
- Time management.
- Proficiency in English
- Hand-eye coordination skills
- Safety conscious
Qualification & Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a Rigging course from recognized / accredited institutions
- 2 years’ experience as a Rigger Assistant in a plant
- Crane experience cranes