The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to the process maintenance by ensure materials and equipment are ready for upcoming projects responsible for accepting all deliveries of stock and that everything ordered is present and accounted for. You are also responsible for organising the dispatch of the precast elements and products.
Key Performance Areas
- To ensure the accurate identification and labelling of stock items.
- To ensure that goods requiring special handling or storage risk are handled as per safety policy and requirements.
- Meeting the set target of number of line items to be issued and received daily.
- Maintain clean and efficient warehouse premises and a properly maintained clean yard by applying “clean as you go” on all tasks undertaken.
- To identify hazards and maintain a safe working environment.
- Fully responsible for the quality of work.
- Stock and direct charge items within the designated area, such that they arrive at the correct location and at the right time.
- Carry out regular stock maintenance and housekeeping tasks.
- Safely transport and deliver requisitioned stock and direct charge items outside of the designated area, such that they arrive at the correct location and at the right time.
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job/task.
- Initiates purchase orders to acquire mechanical non-stock items as required.
- Must be Computer literacy with competence in MS excel with exposure to Pronto or equivalent.
- Knowledge of stock-keeping practices.
- Knowledge of mechanical parts catalogues, distributors, and dealers.
- Ability to maintain stock flow statements according to well established practices and procedures
- Must have good attention to detail
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions.
- Physical strength and agility sufficient to perform the work of this class
Qualification & Experience
- Minimum qualification in Purchasing & Supply Chain Management or Equivalent
- Valid Botswana Driver’s licence
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in Warehouse & Inventory Management preferably in the mining environment.