The health and wellbeing of our people, contractors and stakeholders is of paramount importance to us.
As the impact of COVID-19 continues to evolve, Sandfire has and will continue to proactively implement, protocols to minimise the potential transmission of COVID-19, ensuring the health and safety of our people and limiting the risk to our operations and communities.
Our protocols have been progressively developed in line with the formal guidance of authorities.
Key measures implemented by the Company include:
- Boosting workforce social distancing measures;
- Increased workplace hygiene, medical surveillance, personal protective equipment and medical supplies;
- Enhanced workforce communication;
- Consulting with and assisting our communities;
- Working with our contractors to provide assistance.
The COVID-19 pandemic and its various management and operational challenges have tested Sandfire’s business, its people and culture, and it is pleasing to note that the Company’s performance has remained strong throughout this challenging period. Sandfire’s COVID-19 Working Group and the Tshukudu COVID-19 Committee has dealt professionally with the direct and indirect risks, impacts and challenges that this unprecedented pandemic has brought.